Saturday 22 November 2014

Christmas Wishlist

Since it's only a month until Christmas, in lieu of the Saturday Inspiration post, I thought I'd make a wishlist - unless my family wins the lottery, I won't buy more than a few things from this list. I'll note which ones are the must haves, and which are only wishful thinking as of now.

Makeup geekery


This is last year's MAC Punk Couture Collection. None of these shades are sold anymore, but there are lipstick on amazon and similar sites for hideously high prices. The Punk Couture lipstick (upper right) is my perfect purple, but I don't think I'll ever have it.

Would you look at this colour? It's By Starlight by Melt Cosmetics, and I find that it's pretty close to MAC's Punk Couture, only a little more matte. My favourite finish is semi-matte/satin, but it's really hard to find a colour like this, so... It's even more expensive than MAC (but not the re-sold limited releases), although unlike MAC it's completely vegan, which is nice.


This is Pandorice and Serenity from Digital Nails, an indie polish maker - both holographic black, although Serenity is more of a glitter overdose. Props to anyone who gets both of the references!

Everyone knows Picture Polish - this is my favourite shade of theirs. It really is like a tiny universe, the night sky on my nails. I will own this one day. Are you getting the geek vibe yet?

This is the 'Fullmetal Alchemist' eyeshadow collection from Shiro Cosmetics, an indie (vegan) makeup company. I may be going overboard with this free advertising right here, but they have frankly amazing products. I especially like Day of Reckoning, Dwarf in the Flask, Equivalent Exchange, Fullmetal and Philosopher's Stone. I don't think I'll go through the trouble of ordering this, but I really love it.

To continue the string of indie companies, a perfume from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - named after an aztec god, the scent has notes of copal, plumeria, sweet orange and incense. I'm always bored with drugstore and mainstream scents, which is why I don't buy any - and I cannot afford a, let's say, Amouage perfume. Indie makers, however, have some excellent blends. I know many people cannot stand incense, but my favourite notes in perfume are definitely sandalwood and incense, even though they are often considered masculine. To that I say bullshit, and unisex perfumes rock anyway. Plumeria is my favourite flower, and I imagine it must be beautiful paired with orange.


Fashion

I'm getting a black skirt right now, which I'll show here, but even then, I really want to own a trademark drawstring Ann Demeulemeester skirt.

And I really want a holographic or silver one too. This one is from Romwe, although it's absolutely a knock-off of Kiku Mizuhara for Opening Ceremony. I'm just afraid it won't fit my large behind, because I usually go by waist size, so I don't know whether I should order this.

I think I've mentioned in a previous post that I really want a black crop jumper. I'll definitely will be getting this on Black Friday.

Something I've wanted since ages - Vivienne Westwood's iconic armour ring. It, however, costs more than 200 euros, which is not a price I can currently pay for a piece of jewellery. The other is only 55 euros, but I don't like it as much. So, note to future husband: don't bother with diamonds, propose to me with a Vivienne Westwood ring.


Some other stuff

I have about fifty books on my wishlist, so I didn't bother adding proper books - this is more in the coffee table book vein, but one I'd really like to own.

Tokidoki's Porcino figurine. Not many people know, but I actually collect miniature pig figurines and sculptures (really only stuff smaller than 7-8 cm). This one is still painfully missing. My most expensive one cost about 6000 forints, so this wouldn't even be the most expensive. (I also really want a Swaroski crystal one, but that's about 14k so no such luck.)

I never in my life bought an album, so I want to support at least my favourite artists - these are my favourite five. The Rise Against and the In Flames album is one of their older ones, so they are mostly only available used, which I'm not happy about - which is why I chose the last albums of the other three artist, they are still in stores. I'll definitely be getting some of these - Insomnium's Shadows of the Dying Sun is the first album I really though 'I have to own this record' after listening to it.


And that's it! What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, micsoda lila rúzs, elfogadnám :) PP kékek közül nekem a Hope kellene még.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ne is mondd:( na majd ha megnyerem a lottót...

      Delete